Fall is pie time of the year and I want to eat them all one bite at a time. Let's start with apple while I figure out how to make pumpkin portable.
Fuji apples are my favorite so I have to cook fast in order not to eat them all. I prefer them sliced thin to make sure they cook through.
Place the apple slice on the wide end of the triangle and roll.
Egg wash then top with additional Stir Sweetener mixture.
Bake and let sit for 5 min. Serve with a dollop of cardamom mascarpone.
Apple Pie Bites
Prep time 15 min, Cook time 15 min, Total time 30
Apple Pie Bites are delicious, quick & easy mini apple pies made with in less than 30 minutes! Makes 18-20 apple pie bites.
¼ cup Stir Sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon cardamom
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds chopped
¼ cup quick oats
2 small Fuji apples, cored and sliced into ¼ inch slices
1 pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine Stir Sweetener and butter. Mix until crumbly. Add spices, blend until incorporated, mix in almonds and oats. Set aside
- Roll pie crust into a thin sheet. Trim round edges off to make a square. Cut the square in half so there are 2 rectangles. With pastry cutter, cut alternating diagonal lines to create triangles.
- Arrange triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute Stir Sweetener mixture onto each triangle (at least ½ teaspoon).
- Place an apple slice (or 2 depending on thickness) on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap pie crust around each apple.
- In a separate bowl beat one egg for egg wash.
- Brush each pie roll with egg wash. Sprinkle with additional Stir mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving if you can wait that long.
Serve with Cardamom spiced mascarpone topping. Or ice cream, your choice.