STIR Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 12 ounce(s) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) STIR™Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) unsifted flour (Or Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 3 cup(s) oats, uncooked
- Add 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup roasted almond slivers
- Convert to metric
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat butter with STIR™ at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about 4 minutes). Add vanilla and egg, and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir flour with baking soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 7 to 8 minutes for a chewy cookie, 9 to 10 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on a cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling racks.
Makes about 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.